By now I’m sure you’ve heard of Periscope, the cool new interactive app that lets you watch and broadcast live video to the world. If you haven’t check out this article I posted about it a few days ago. I was asked how to get the app and thought, instead of going over it several times, I’d just make a guide that would answer all the questions about how to install the app. So without further delay, here is my how to guide to the Periscope app. This guide will walk you through the steps of installing and setting up your profile.
How to get the Periscope App (Android Users)
- Go to the Play Store on your android device or App Store if you have and Apple device
- In the search bar type in Periscope, it should look like this:
- Select Periscope and click “Install”, your screen should look like this:
- Once you click accept, follow the prompts through these screens:
- Once you allow the app to access your Twitter account (you can sign up using your phone number if you don’t have a Twitter account) you will get a screen similar to this:
- These 3 Icons at the top are part of the navigation.
- The TV shows if any of the people you follow are broadcasting live or have recent broadcasts
- The globe shows a map of the world featuring red dots representing live broadcasts going on right now.
- The people icon shows people that you can follow on Periscope, plus people you are following on twitter that have Periscope accounts. You are not automatically following your Twitter list, you can scroll through and follow the ones you want. You can view someones profile by clicking their picture.
How to set up your profile
Once your profile is set up, you are good to go! Watch some live broadcasts, meet new people, and follow people you like. Make sure you subscribe to this blog and follow me @Methodicalmom on Periscope to get more tips.
Did you find this guide to Periscope helpful? If you have any questions about anything in this post, please leave them in the comments section below. As always, thanks for reading! I would love it if you shared this post, just click on one of the links below. Ta Ta for now:-)